|Poster:||brewster||Date:||Jun 11, 2008 3:53pm|
It was great fun.
We tried about 20 nodes in the presidio. It did not just snap into a network. We had more luck when we added one node at a time.
With one hop, across a street, we got 570Kb download 988Kb uplink. (so mac to router to router to wire).
Our guesses at what to do next time:
* power on the nodes on a wire for a while to get its firmware updated.
* the mac addresses on the wireless side is different (by 1) to the number on the bottom of the box.
* to know what radio you are talking to on a mac, there is an internal tool from Apple called instantanousThroughputMaker (iTM). We are not supposed to distribute it.
* add one node at at time.